Summary of New Features in Version 5.5
(released in March of 2013)
Recipe Block Diagram
may be viewed in block diagram format.
To display the block diagram of a recipe, select the recipe in the navigation
tree control and click the "View Recipe Block Diagram" button in the recipe
toolbar. The same toolbar includes a new button that displays a window which
facilitates editing of auxiliary equipment and transfer panels associated with
operations for a recipe.
Each block represents a procedure, and each line represents an operation. By
default the material streams are shown in black and scheduling links in blue.
Users may edit procedures and operations from the chart by double-clicking the
name of the item to be edited.
Materials Planning and Scheduling
SchedulePro can automatically schedule orders and receipts for selected materials. This
feature works with Material Supply Systems and Input Storage Units. To use this
feature, select the
Inventory tab of a Material Supply System or Input Storage Unit, select the “Automatic Receipts” option
and click the button on the right to display the Automatic Receipts dialog (see
figure below). Receipts may be based
on inventory triggers or on projected usage. Material receipts may be scheduled
according to MRP (projected usage) strategies or inventory triggers. The order
lead time is used to calculate the “order by” date for each material.
Materials Orders and Receipts Reporting
The “Materials Orders and Receipts” report shows the automatically or manually
scheduled receipts and orders for selected materials. The report below
corresponds to a case of Fixed Order Amount of 50000 kg of WFI scheduled to be
received when the inventory drops below 5000 kg. Orders are placed based on a
Lead Time of 10 days.
The Inventory report lists receipts, draws, opening and closing inventories for
a specified period (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly) for each managed material. The
opening inventories of the first period are specified by the user or imported
from a file by selecting "Resources \ Load Opening Inventories from File..."
from the main menu of the application. The external file may be prepared in
Excel or generated by an another system (e.g., SAP or other inventory management
Mobile Equipment Floor Space Area Calculation
Equipment may be declared as mobile and associated
with a floor space requirement. This is done through the "Size" tab of the
Equipment Properties dialog.
The floor space used by such equipment may be viewed as a special resource
chart. The chart is displayed by selecting "View \ Resource Profiles \ Mobile
Equipment Area" from the main menu of the application. It is also possible to
display the same chart through the "Open Resource Chart" drop-down menu of the
Equipment Occupancy Chart (EOC) and align it with the EOC. The same chart has
the ability to display the total number of mobile equipment units utilized as a
function of time.
This feature was requested by some of our users in the bio-pharmaceutical
industry that make extensive use of single-use systems and mobile equipment that
often lead to bottlenecks associated with floor space required for staging and
storing mobile totes and skids.
Other Improvements in Version 5.5
- Ability to save Clipping and Reporting option.
- The Campaign Setup dialog has been improved and simplified. The campaign
color and ID are recipe-dependent by default.
- If an operation has extra scheduling links, the number of extra links is
shown to the left of the "Advanced" button on the Scheduling tab of the
operation's dialog window.
- Oil and beer barrel volume units have been added.
- The Equipment Utilization Report provides information on Time-Based
Equipment Utilization in addition to the total utilization.
- The SQL Server DB of SchedulePro generates a new Equipment Utilization Chart
and a new Daily Activities report.
- Go To Equipment in EOC functionality (right-click in the open area of the
EOC and select "Go To Equipment").
- The style options on the EOC allow selection of which operation type colors
to display. This is a new coloring option for activities displayed on the EOC.
Summary of New Features in Version 5.2
(released in July of 2012)
The changeover matrix enables equipment cleaning and changeover activities to
have durations that are not constant but dependent upon the previous and
following task. Multiple changeover matrices can be defined per equipment. For
instance, one matrix may control the cleaning of a filling machine when the
composition of the material changes and another may control the changeover time
when the size of the filling container changes.
Improved Operation Scheduling Dialog
The Scheduling dialog of operations has been improved. Links to operations in
other procedures can be specified through a single, tree-looking, drop-down menu
(see picture above). The Flexible Shift time can have negative values to
accommodate pre-processing activities that must be completed within a time
window. The new Outages options enable certain operations to run during facility
Improved Equipment Occupancy Chart Features
The toolbars of the equipment occupancy chart (EOC) can be floated to fit in
small and low resolution screens. The legend offers the option to display
operation type colors in addition to batches and/or campaigns.
Other Improvements in Version 5.2
- Default measurement units can be set globally through "Edit / Physical Units
- Pre- and post-processing activities can optionally be applied to auxiliary
- Scheduling dependency tree available for operations (right-click on an
operation and select "Links...").
- Reporting and clipping options may be saved.
Summary of New Features in Version 4.5
Improved SQL Server Database Features
The SchedulePro SQL Server database now supports the storage and retrieval of all SchedulePro data including recipes
and resources. Use the Export Document feature to export all the objects in a document.
Note: You will need to update the database using the Connection Settings. If you plan to continue using
version 4.0, create a new database.
The figure above displays information on three campaigns stored in the
SchedulePro SQL Server DB. The user may deposit in the database
any number of snapshots of the production schedule. The calculation of delays is
based on the comparison between the "planned" and "actual" snapshots. By
selecting the top campaign of the above figure and clicking on the
Campaign Report button, the tool
displays a report on the selected campaign (see figure below) that provides
information on the batches of that campaign. The report can provide more
detailed information by selecting the "Procedure" or "Operation" option from the
Schedule Report Detail group.
Information on tardiness also can be displayed graphically (see figure below)
by selecting a set of campaigns and clicking on the Tardiness Chart
button. The red portion of a campaign bar represents the delay of that campaign.
Improved Recipe Editing Features
The recipe view now has buttons for editing labor, operation types, and procedures on a recipe-wide level.
The figure below displays the "Operation Types" dialog that enables users to
readily classify the operations of a recipe. The default list of operation types
includes: Unclassified, Setup, SIP, Process, CIP, and Changeover. The user has
the option to expand and modify the list. Coloring of the Equipment Occupancy
Chart activities based on operation types is a new option that enables users to
readily visualize time spent on non-value adding activities (e.g., Setup, CIP,
Changeover). This is of importance to Lean Manufacturing practitioners.
Adding Resource Outages Directly on the Equipment Occupancy Chart
Right-click on a procedure bar and select "Add Resource Outage" to add downtime
without navigating to the resource.
Other Improvements in Version 4.5
- New options for equipment in storage units.
- New options for event (inventory) based campaign scheduling.
- Campaign level switch for rotation (staggered) equipment selection.
- Transfer panel selection can be dependent on main equipment (see the main equipment dialog).
- Daily activity report can have custom text defined in the operation.
of New Features in Version 4.0
- Inventory Based Scheduling is now available. Campaigns and batches can be scheduled according to inventory conditions.
- Sequence-dependent operation durations can be defined. Operations such as cleaning may have durations that depend on the prior usage of the equipment.
- Equipment-Storage unit association allows a storage unit to be linked with one or more actual equipment items.
- The SQL Server Schedule import/export database is now fully supported.
- Easy-Print charts: SchedulePro now provides non-interactive equipment occupancy and Gantt charts with improved clipping and printing options.
- Recipes may be organized into folders.
- Batch timing and resource selection may be copied and pasted to another batch or back to the original recipe.
- Recipes may have operations that are scheduled before the batch start.
- Minor speed enhancements for large numbers of campaigns.
- The Gantt charts have now have the option for recipe or chronological ordering.
- The Equipment occupancy chart has separate options for coloring and legend display.
- Idle time may now be included in the equipment occupancy report.
- SchedulePro now provides user-defined operation types for display and reporting.
Click here for a listing of fixes.
SchedulePro v3.58 is a minor upgrade. It has the new features shown below as well as bug-fixes.
- Added option to show intermediates in schedule report
- Added option to show intermediates in schedule report
- A material supply system can now have downtime similar to equipment
- Material Supply System assignment can now distinguish streams that are associated with storage units
- Gantt chart detail level now saved with file
- User comments available for scheduled procedures and operations
- Batch naming may be customized
- Revenue added for economics
SchedulePro v3.5 is a minor upgrade. It has the new features shown below as well as bug-fixes.
It also includes a new tutorial and newly reworked examples covering biopharmaceutical
manufacturing, capacity analysis, production of pharmaceuticals, and
manufacturing of consumer products.
Summary of New Features in Version 3.5
- Version 3.5 Introduces an Academic Version which is available to universities at a reduced cost. Contact us for more information.
- Version 3.5 has basic economics. SchedulePro now allows the entry of cost information for common resources. It also provides basic cost reporting.
- The ERP/MRP connectivity now includes connections to MS Access database files as well as text files.
- You may now add user-defined properties to campaigns.
- Batches now have a user-comments/notes property.
- Campaigns may optionally be organized into projects
- Procedures now have a keep-equipment-for-campaign option for main equipment.
- Individual Storage Units may now be included or excluded from inventory constraints.
- Schedule Report will optionally display intermediate material usages.
Click here for a listing of fixes.
Summary of New Features in Version 3.3
- The Equipment Occupancy Chart has a new time slide-bar to make dragging the current time easier.
- You may now reset and reschedule with one command on the Equipment Occupancy Chart.
- Recipes and campaigns now have options for continuous operations.
- Campaigns may now be scheduled by order-amount as well as by the number of batches.
- There is now a configurable interface for importing and exporting campaign information in a flat-file format.
- You may now access and edit scheduled operations from the scheduled procedure dialog.
SchedulePro v3.202 provides added features, speed, and stability.
The latest update patch is now available. Click here for a listing of fixes.
Summary of New Features in
- Multiple Chart Viewing
- Improved Coloring Options for the Equipment Occupancy Chart
- Batch or Campaign Highlight Option
- Gantt Chart Start and End Time Display
- Button for Directly Viewing Batch Conflicts from the Batch List
- Updated Help, and Manual
Multiple Chart Viewing
You may now view resource and inventory charts with the equipment occupancy chart.
Charts may be linked so that their time axes are aligned. When you edit the schedule from the equipment chart,
the linked resource and/or inventory charts are automatically updated.
Improved Coloring Options for the Equipment Occupancy Chart
You may now edit the chart color of batches and campaigns. Colors may be edited by double clicking on the legend color
or through the properties dialog of a batch or campaign.
Batch or Campaign Highlight Option
You may now focus attention on a particular batch or campaign by highlighting it in the equipment occupancy chart.
Gantt Chart Start and End Time Display
You may now optionally show task start and end times on the Gantt Chart. Use the Bar Style to toggle the display of start or end times.
Button for Directly Viewing Batch Conflicts from the Batch List
Use the button display conflicts for the selected batch.
Summary of New Features in
- Campaign Planning Directly in the Equipment Chart
- Precise Scheduling Control with New Scheduling Modes
- Improved Campaign Planning Options
- Conflict Resolution for Procedures, Batches, Campaigns or the Entire Schedule
- Easy Updating and Tracking of Completion Status
- Improved Reporting for Materials and Recipes
- New Tutorial, Help, and Manual
Campaign Planning Directly in the Equipment Chart
Campaign planning and scheduling can be done easily without switching views.
Precise Scheduling Control with New Scheduling Modes
New Scheduling Modes give precise control over how automated the scheduling process is.
- Automatic Mode lets SchedulePro do the work. Batch starts are calculated according to cycle time
and resource conflicts are resolved automatically.
- Layout Mode gives the user control over batch start times. Batch starts are calculted according to cycle time, but batch
starts are not adjusted to resolve conflicts.
- As Soon as Possible Moded disregards cycle time and starts every batch as soon as resources are available.
Conflicts are resolved automatically.
- User Defined Mode lets the user set how SchedulePro lays out batches and resolves resource conflicts.
Improved Campaign Planning Options
New Campaign Planning Options include:
Conflict Resolution for Procedures, Batches, Campaigns or the Entire Schedule
If there are resource conflicts, the user may choose to have SchedulePro resolve them locally (just the current conflict), globally (all conflicts)
or anything in-between.
Easy Updating and Tracking of Completion Status
The current time indicates distinction between completed and planned activities. The line may be dragged to any
location, set manually or synchronized with the local system time.
New Tutorial, Help, and Manual
The manual, tutorial, and on-line help have been updated to include the new functionality.
New in Version 2.6
- Help system is updated for Windows Vista compatibility
- New Toolbars for Equipment Occupancy Chart and Gantt Charts
- New Report for Equipment Occupancy
- New Report Format for the Schedule Report
- New Report Options for all Reports
- Reports and Charts May be Clipped by Campaign or Time
- A New Interface Allows Resource Selection and Ordering for Charts and Reports with Equipment, Work Areas, or Staff
- The Gantt Chart Allows Automatic Display at a Selected Level of Detail
- Resource and Inventory Plots now have an Adjustable Y-Axis Range
New Toolbars for Equipment Occupancy Chart and Gantt Charts
After a schedule is generated, you may quickly view an
equipment chart or Gantt chart.
New Report for Equipment Occupancy
The Equipment Occupancy Report lists the activities and times for each piece of equipment. Select “Reports/Equipment Occupancy Report…” from the menu.
New Report Format for the Schedule Report
The Schedule Report has been reformatted for improved readability.
New Report Options for all Reports
Select “Reports/Report Options…” from the main menu. Each report has its own set of options.
Reports and Charts May be Clipped by Campaign or Time
All time-oriented charts and reports except the equipment occupancy chart may have their contents limited by campaign, batch and/or start and end time. Select “Reports/Clipping Options…” from the main menu. The option may also be found in the “Preferences/Clipping…” option in the Gantt chart menu.
A New Interface Allows Resource Selection and Ordering for Charts and Reports with Equipment, Work Areas, or Staff
Select “Reports \ Contents and Ordering…” from the main menu.
The Gantt Chart Allows Automatic Display at a Selected Level of Detail
Use the “Detail” item in the Gantt chart menu to collapse all the tasks to the selected level of detail.
Resource and Inventory Plots now have an Adjustable Y-Axis Range
Select the Y-Axes tab from the chart’s Style dialog.
New in Version 2.5
- Material Supply Systems
- Staff Resources
- New Resource Usage Feature
- New Scheduled Campaign Dialog
- New Scheduled Operation Dialog
- Updated Chart Toolbar Buttons
Material Supply Systems
Track the generation or production of a single component even when it
is used in multi-component streams.
New Material & Resource Chart Options
- Plot material usage or production by material,
storage unit or material supply system
- Plot the sum of multiple resources with
optional multipliers for materials
- Limit the plot to usages in only certain recipes
Example: In a certain plant, water purified by reverse
osmosis (water-RO) is used both by itself and as a source of distilled
water for injection (WFI). If 1.25L of water-RO yield 1 L of WFI, the
total demand for RO-water may be obtained by the demand for water-RO plus
the demand for WFI multiplied by 1.25 as shown above.
Individual Staff Resources for Labor
Now SchedulePro can schedule and track individuals without the need for
resorting to the staff-as-equipment workaround.
Staff are assigned to operations. A pool of staff may be assigned along
with the required number.
Staff utilization may be displayed on the equipment occupancy
chart. Simply exclude the equipment to show the staff.
Resource Usage Feature
All resources now have a new "used-by" feature that is may be launched
by clicking the
button. The dialogs
shows all the uses of the resource optionally narrowed by recipe, section
or procedure. Resource assignments may be edited.
New Interface Features
Scheduled Campaign Dialog
The dialog for a scheduled campaign now shows all of the information
that the campaign planning dialog shows.
Scheduled Operation Dialog
Scheduled operations now have a two-tabbed dialog that shows scheduling
and duration information as well as auxiliary equipment and staff