SchedulePro is a
finite capacity scheduling (FCS) tool for batch and semi-continuous manufacturing processes. Some
typical applications for SchedulePro include:
- Production Planning and Scheduling
- Capacity Analysis
- Plant Debottlenecking
- Cycle Time Reduction
- Modeling and Design of Multi-Product
SchedulePro uses an intuitive recipe-oriented
representation of a manufacturing process. It handles resources
such as equipment, work areas, labor, materials, utilities and inventory
capacity. It allows for interruptions in the availability of
resources to account for shift schedules, holidays, and planned
maintenance. SchedulePro is compatible with
SuperPro Designer and can readily
import its recipes.
To download SchedulePro's full manual (in pdf format), please
The posted zip file has a size of 8 MB. If you go
through Chapter 4 (the tutorial), you will have a pretty
good idea of the capabilities of the tool. To download
the ReadMe files (in PDF format) for seven domain specific examples,
please click here. Information on
the contents of the examples follows:
- Bio-Processing: It focuses on modeling and scheduling of
- Ice-Cream: It explains how to optimize the scheduling of a facility
that manufactures a wide variety of ice cream products.
- Pharma-Tablets: It deals with modeling and scheduling of a facility
that manufacturers pharmaceutical tablets.
- Capacity-Analysis: It explains how to handle capacity analysis and
long term planning.
- CMO-Planning: It explains how to handle production
planning (i.e., high-level scheduling).
- Fill-Finish: It deals with scheduling and planning of a
- Polymer-Resins: It deals with scheduling of a
polymer resin multi-product manufacturing facility.
And if you wish to download and test-drive the
functional Evaluation version of SchedulePro, please
SchedulePro is available for the MS Windows
2000, XP, Vista and 7 platforms. It requires a Pentium PC with at
least 256 MB of RAM, and 100 MB of free hard disk space.
Key features of SchedulePro
- Multi-product, multi-plant
- Compatibility with SuperPro
- Handles plant down-time,
weekend and holiday schedules
- Schedules around equipment
and material constraints
- Handles labor and inventory
- Tracks completion status of
- Extensive reporting and
- No programming required
SchedulePro Pricing Policy
- Discount is available for multiple licenses.
- Departmental, site and corporate licenses are available under very
- Educational licenses are available at substantial discounts.
- A FUNCTIONAL EVALUATION version is available to download (FREE OF CHARGE) or order for a small fee.
Intelligen Suite Pricing Policy (the combination of SuperPro and SchedulePro)
The purchase prices include unlimited technical support and free upgrades for a year.
After the first year, an annual maintenance contract (that covers support and
upgrades for a year) may be purchased for 20% of the purchase price of
the tool. The lease prices includes unlimited technical support and free upgrades for
the duration of the lease. Site and corporate licenses are also available.
Selected Publications on
SchedulePro - Can be downloaded from the
- Design and Optimization of a Large Scale Biopharmaceutical
Facility using Process Simulation and Scheduling Tools,
Toumi A, Jürgens C, Jungo C, Maier B,
Papavasileiou V, and Petrides D. , Pharmaceutical Engineering,
March/April 2010 issue.
- The Role of Simulation and Scheduling Tools in the Development and
Manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, Petrides D,
Koulouris A, Siletti C, Jimenez J and Lagonikos P.,
An improved version of this document will become available as a
chapter of a new book on “Chemical Engineering in the Pharmaceutical
Industry: From R&D to Manufactiuring” that will be published by John
Wiley & Sons in 2010.
- The Role of Process Simulation
and Scheduling Tools in the Development and Manufacturing of
Biopharmaceuticals, Petrides D. and Siletti C., Proceeding
of the Winter Simulation Conference 2004.
- Overcoming Barriers to Batch Process Scheduling, Siletti C. and Petrides
D., Proceedings of FOCAPO 2003.