SuperPro Designer facilitates modeling, evaluation and optimization of integrated processes in a wide range of industries (Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Specialty Chemical, Food, Consumer Goods, Mineral Processing, Microelectronics, Water Purification, Wastewater Treatment, Air Pollution Control, etc.). The combination of manufacturing and environmental operation models in the same package enables the user to concurrently design and evaluate manufacturing and end-of-pipe treatment processes and practice waste minimization via pollution prevention as well as pollution control.
Click here to view a description of the key features of SuperPro.
SuperPro Designer is a valuable tool for engineers and scientists in process development, process engineering, and manufacturing. It is also a valuable tool for professionals dealing with environmental issues (e.g., wastewater treatment, air pollution control, waste minimization, pollution prevention). SuperPro provides under a single umbrella modeling of manufacturing and end-of-pipe treatment processes, project economic evaluation, and environmental impact assessment.
SuperPro Designer is available for the MS Windows 7, 8
and 10 platforms.. It requires a PC with at least 4 GB of RAM and 2 GB of free hard disk space.
Key Features of SuperPro Designer:
Unit Procedure Models in SuperPro Designer
- Models for over 140 unit procedures / operations.
- Rigorous reactor modules.
- Material and energy balances.
- Extensive chemical component and mixture database.
- Extensive equipment and resource databases.
- Equipment sizing and costing.
- Thorough process economics.
- Scheduling of batch operations.
- Throughput Analysis and Debottlenecking.
- Resource (utilities, raw materials, and labor) tracking as a function of time.
- Waste stream characterization.
- Environmental impact assessment
- OLE-2 support.
- PFD customization through addition of your own graphics and text.
- Compatibility with a variety of graphics, spreadsheet, and word processing packages.
- Option to export PFDs in DXF format (for incorporation into AutoCAD) and in WMF format.
Plug Flow Reactor
Plug Flow Aeration Basin
High Pressure Homogenizer
Expanded Bed Adsorption
Fluid Bed Dryer
General Unit Operations
Generic Boxes for
Reaction and Separation
Dryers & Granulator
Clarifier / Thickener
Plate & Frame Filter
Rotary Vacuum Filter
Granular Media Filter
Solid / Gas Separation
Various Storage Tanks
Various Blending Tanks
SuperPro Designer Pricing Policy
A Lite and two Intermediate versions are available at a reduced cost. Please inquire for detailed pricing info and capabilities.
The purchase prices include unlimited technical support and free upgrades for a year. The lease prices include unlimited technical support and free upgrades for as long as the license is maintained.
- Discount is available for multiple licenses.
- Departmental, site and corporate licenses are available under very
- Educational licenses are available at substantial discounts.
- A FUNCTIONAL EVALUATION version is available to download (FREE OF CHARGE) or order for a small fee.
Intelligen Suite Pricing Policy (the combination of SuperPro and SchedulePro)
Selected Publications on SuperPro
- Can be downloaded from the
- Design and Optimization of a Large Scale Biopharmaceutical
Facility using Process Simulation and Scheduling Tools,
Toumi A, Jürgens C, Jungo C, Maier B,
Papavasileiou V, and Petrides D. , Pharmaceutical Engineering,
March/April 2010 issue.
- The Role of Simulation and Scheduling Tools in the Development and
Manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, Petrides D, Koulouris A,
Siletti C, Jimenez J and Lagonikos P.,
An improved version of this document will become available as a chapter of a new
book on “Chemical Engineering in the Pharmaceutical Industry: From R&D to
Manufactiuring” that will be published by John Wiley & Sons in 2010.
- The Role of Process Simulation in Pharmaceutical Process Development and Product Commercialization, Demetri P. Petrides, Alexandros Koulouris, and Pericles Lagonikos, Pharmaceutical Engineering. January/February 2002, Pp. 56-65. Click here to download a copy of this paper in
- Throughput Analysis and Debottlenecking of Biomanufacturing Facilities - A Job for Process Simulators, Demetri Petrides, Alexandros Koulouris, and Charles Siletti, BioPharm. Volume 15, Numbre 8, August 2002, Pp. 28-64. Click here to download a copy of this paper in
- Selection of Bioprocess Simulation Software for Industrial Applications, Shanklin, T., Roper, K., Yegneswaran, P.K., and Marten, M. Biotechnology and Bioengineering. Vol. 72, No. 4, February 20, 2001, pp 483-489. This article includes a comparison of SuperPro Designer with Bach Plus for modeling and evaluating integrated biochemical processes. It was published by researchers from Merck & Co. and UMBC (University of Maryland at Baltimore County).
- Batch Process Optimization via CAPD and Simulation, Alexandros Koulouris and Demetri P. Petrides, PROCESS Worldwide 2-2002, Pp. 38-40.
- Process Modeling Evaluates Feasibility of Water Recycling, Demetri Petrides, Alexandros Koulouris, and John Calandranis, Filtration+Separation, October 2001, Pp. 26-31. Click here to download an earlier version of this paper.
- The Role of Process Simulation in Evaluating Water Recycling Opportunities at a Semiconductor Fabrication Facility, Demetri Petrides, Charles Siletti, and John Calandranis, ULTRAPURE WATER, July/August 2002, Pp. 26-34. Click here to download an earlier version of this paper.
- Process and Economic Evaluation of the Extraction and Purification of Recombinant b-Glucuronidase from Transgenic Corn, R.L. Evangelista, Ann R. Kusnadi, John A. Howard, and Zivko L. Nikolov, Iowa State University and Prodigene, Inc., Biotechnology Progress, 1998, 14, Pp. 607-614.
- Process Simulation for Recombinant Protein Production: Cost Estimation and Sensitivity Analysis for Heparinase I Expressed in E. Coli. Steffen Ernst, Oscar A. Garro, Stefan Winkler, Ganesh Venkataraman, Robert Langer, Charles L. Cooney, and Ram Sasisekharan, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 53, No. 6, March 20, 1997.